Sunday, June 26, 2011

Secret Sundays

Some of you may know about Post Secret. Others might not. So I will explain it. Post Secret is a social art project that a man name Frank started. All he wanted was people to anonymously write their secrets on a postcard and mail it to him. He has received a lot more letters than I'm sure he ever thought he would. He picks 20 or so every week and posts them on PostSecret.com every Sunday. With the other secrets he gets, he puts them in a book. Some secrets are dark, some funny, and others are sad. There are some secrets that you can feel their pain as they wrote it out. There are some that you find yourself thinking, "Wow, that's one of my secrets too." It is a nice thought knowing you aren't alone, and that maybe someone is just as crazy as you.  But no matter what the secret is, there is some thing beautiful in it. People are letting go of the one thing that is keeping them from moving on. They share with the world something they might not be able to face themselves. 


I decided to share my favorite secret from this week. On the back it says, "She's the one." Isn't that what life is about? Finding that special someone, to get married and raise a beautiful family. Whoever this is, I hope it has a fairytale ending. 

3 comments:

  1. Just as I expected, this post just MADE MY DAY! That secret was also my favorite one! "It is a nice thought knowing you aren't alone, and that maybe someone is just as crazy as you." -> so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one too! I LOVE reading your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am so glad that you do!

    ReplyDelete