Thursday, July 7, 2011

Beauty Overload

There is a girl in my graphic design class
{I am sorry for the amount of things that come from this class ha} 
and she has this Tumbler where she just gets all these nifty pictures. So today 
{when I should have been paying attention in class}
 I went through her website and found some pictures I thought were wonderful examples of beauty. I thought about splitting it up into two posts, but what is the fun in that?

So I am aware this isn't what you would call a "beautiful" picture, but I think the power in this little message IS beautiful. "The Future is Unwritten", it just leaves so much room for the creation and discovery of more beautiful things.


Trying to figure out who YOU are is sometimes the most challenging thing we could ever do, but once we get there, it is the most beautiful thing we could ever do.


We are in a world where money and what the world wants usually takes priority. It is good to sometimes take a break and find the one thing that your heart wants.


I think it is absolutely beautiful how someone is able to take a black bow tie, and make this many different variations of it. It is the simplest things that, at times, are the most beautiful.


I believe this picture kind of sums up the "Beauty Project" I've got going here. Sitting in an office or a classroom all day we can forget what is out in the world. We can get so focused on the ultimate goal we never take a break to look around. Maybe...just maybe, if we take a step back and observe the beauty the Earth has to offer, we might find more than we could ever have hoped for. 


I think snail mail can be the most uplifting and beautiful thing. Mailing letters is kind of a lost activity with email and Facebook messaging. Why wait 3 days when they can have it in 3 seconds? Sometimes...it is worth the wait.


Only then are we open to experience ALL the beauty that God has created.


I thought that this was a wonderful way of showing how each side of the brain works. The analytical side VS the creative side. It is actually an advertisement for Mercedes, what a beautiful way to showcase our brain.


"And come out the other side where people walk upside down."
{quote from Alice in Wonderland...the cartoon}
Oh the beauty that comes from people's imagination and curiosity.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the the brain picture! Also,this has encouraged me to write some letters! Have you ever written a letter to Grandma and Grandpa? Grandpa always rights back!

    ReplyDelete